Prostate Cancer, like other sorts of cancer, has shown an increase in the last few years. The cancer is treated in various ways and it is mandatory that we know about various types of treatment to choose the best one. Here is a brief description of Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy, a surgical procedure for prostate cancer treatment.
What is Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy?
Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy is a surgery for curing prostate cancer. Radical prostatectomy is a surgery used to remove the prostate gland and the tissues surrounding it. Basically, laparoscopic prostatectomy is a type of radical prostatectomy which is minimally invasive. During this surgery, small incisions are made on the patient’s belly. The cameras and surgical tools are inserted through the incisions. Then radical prostatectomy is performed by viewing the operations on a screen. Laparoscopic surgery has got as much success rates as the traditional surgeries with larger incisions.
What are the advantages of a Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy?
- Laparoscopic surgery recovers comparatively fast and the patient need not stay in the hospital for a very long time as the conventional methods of surgery. Mostly, the patients will be discharged earlier than open surgery.
- Bleeding is very less in laparoscopic surgery as compared to the conventional surgical methods.
- You don’t have to take many painkillers after getting discharged. Usually, Tylenol is the only painkiller suggested.
- If there are no other problems, the catheter draining the bladder can be removed after a week of the surgery.
- The surgery delivers 10 times the visual magnification of the other traditional surgeries.
How long does laparoscopic surgical procedure take?
The duration differs from person to person depending on the prostate size. But on an average, the procedure takes 2 – 4 hours.
Who all are eligible for the surgery?
If the prostate cancer hasn’t spread outside the prostate, then you are eligible for the surgery. But if you’ve had an open or laparoscopic surgery in the pelvis previously, you might not be eligible for the surgery this time.
Are you suffering from prostate cancer? Don’t worry. Get the best treatment from transplant experts and experienced urologist in Chennai at the most trusted hospital SIIUT.
Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book appointment: www.siiut.com/book-appointment/