Prostate cancer, the most commonly found type of cancer in men occurs when the tissues lining the prostate gland turn cancerous. Prostate cancer treatment is highly successful if administered in the early stages of cancer growth.
- Family History
- Gene Changes
The symptoms of prostate cancer are mostly related to the enlargement of the gland, so they are not specific to prostate cancer.
The symptoms of prostate cancer localized to the prostate can includes:
- A weak or interrupted urine stream
- Difficulty starting or stopping urination
- Pain or burning sensation with urination or ejaculation
- Blood in the urine or semen
- A frequent need to urinate (urinary frequency)
Bone pain, Bone fractures and weakness are also experienced in the progressive stages of prostate cancer.
The usual diagnosis tests used to detect prostate cancer include the following: –
- DRE (Digital Rectal Examination)
- PSA Tests (Prostate Specific Antigen)
- TRUS (Trans-Rectal Ultrasound Scan)
A biopsy test ascertaining the presence of cancer is followed up with X-rays, MRI scans, CT scan and isotope bone scans to check its intensity and spread.
The treatment plan for prostate cancer includes watchful waiting during the early stages, removal of prostate gland through surgical procedures, external beam radiotherapy and brachytherapy.
SIIUT (South India Institute for Urology and Transplant),one among the Best Urology Hospital in Chennai, India offers advanced treatment for all urology disorders specially for Prostate Cancer Treatments in Chennai.
For more details;
Write to : email@example.com